Friday, 9 November 2007

Pixid Whiteboard Photo

While at the IAF Europe annual conference in Edinburgh I attended a session on Graphic Facilitation given by Meeting Magic. One of the items they introduced was a great piece of software which automatically cleans up flipchart and whiteboard notes and drawings. This means you can photograph the work done, clean it up and send it electronically to the participants. The great advantage is that they are getting an exact record of what was produced on the day in the format in which it was produced - thus reinforcing their experience and memory.

WhiteBoard Photo, WinThe software is Whiteboard Photo. It lets you take snapshots of your dry-erase board, flipchart, chalkboard or document with your digital camera and convert them into crisp, perfect images in seconds. Whiteboard Photo uses proprietary image processing algorithms to correct the angle of your photograph, correct the colors, and clip the borders so that you get a perfect printout every time. You don’t need to worry about the angle of the camera, the lighting, reflections, or even small print. Whiteboard Photo can create brilliant hardcopies in less than 30 seconds.

You can see examples in my posting: Graphic Templates. More examples will follow soon.

Available from Publishing Perfection at $79.95 as a download

3 comments:

evan jennings said...

Do you still have a copy of Whiteboard Photo? I need something like this, but it's not easy to find.

Steve Rothwell said...

It seems to have disappeared years ago in some acquisition deal or other.

evan jennings said...

At the risk of sounding like I condone piracy, which I don't, does anyone know where I can get my hands on a copy. I paid for a license a long time ago, but changed roles and stopped using my copy, so didn't miss it when my laptop was evergreened.