Tuesday, 19 February 2008

10 Tips for Highly Effective Mind Mapping Sessions

Geoff R has posted ten tips here.  He says:

image "Mindmapping is a wonderful brainstorming technique that can yield great results, and show you ideas that you hadn’t previously imagined. Most people are familiar with mindmapping and its problem-solving potential, but many people do it inefficiently. If you follow these 10 simple tips, you should find your mindmapping sessions to me radically improved."

The original source is credited as Gear Fire and can be seen here.

Thanks to Andrew Wilcox of Cabre.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for pointing out this article - I like to create most of the first level branches first so I have an idea of the main topics I want to cover - of course sometimes I create others or rename/delete them where necessary.

I also create empty branches where I think there should be something there to add detail even if I don't know what it is - I find that when I do that, it often unblocks my brain and I can fill in the word on the branch.

Also if I get stuck, I have a look at the suggested words on the suggesterator (I'm using NovaMind), even if I don't use them - at least they get me thinking in other directions.

Oren